Do i QualifY?
Do I Qualify for Workers' Compensation Benefits?
Contact Our Attorneys to Learn More
In accordance with California Assembly Bill 1309, a professional athlete may lawfully file a claim for workers' compensation benefits, given at least one the following circumstances:
- Contract: The athlete signed or formulated a professional contract in the State of California with a team or employer.
- Residence: The athlete established permanent residence in the State of California during his or her professional athletic career.
- California teams/affiliates: The athlete played exclusively or predominately for a professional sports team, employer, or its affiliates in the State of California.
- Agent or representative: The athlete retained a California agent or representative during their professional athletic career.
“If I could rate them 20 stars, that still wouldn't come close to what this firm has done for me and my family.” - Craig C.
“Workers' Compensation was a foreign word to me, but Madans Law Group translated that information into simple English.” - C.J., Retired NFL Player
“The process was clearly defined by the entire team.” - R.G., Retired MLB player
As a professional athlete, you may be entitled to the following benefits under California workers' compensation laws:
- Permanent disability
- Temporary disability
- Medical/legal evaluations
- Short term/lifetime future medical care
- Supplemental job displacement benefits/vocational rehabilitation